Wednesday, August 20, 2014

That Timespace teaser poster

My fellow scientists... This is probably the first of what will be a few eventual posts about Timespace. There's still stuff I'm not able to share since the film hasn't been released for the general public yet but once it's out there I'll talk about why I did what I did and what I even did. For now though, here's a teaser poster I painted a few months ago when there was a break in production.

I thought it would be neat for a teaser poster to just have a pretty straightforward image (save the wackier stuff for later, y'know?) of the main character, James Pratt, stepping outside of the time machine... That big ominous dingdong ominously in the background.

teaser poster, acrylics on canvas 8x10

I still wanted to take that basic idea and give it something peculiar with what you see happening inside of the time machine. Swirls of all kinds of crazy space energy, just like some psychedelic vortex you're stepping into. James' body is also vaguely dissipating into that craziness with the little white stars popping off of his figure.

It also helped to juxtapose the brighter colors with the darkness encompassing the rest of the things in the dark desert there. James is a pretty mysterious dude, so it's good. I like using acrylics because you're able to get a good range as well as some more subtle ones, and it's a pretty forgiving medium. It was a pretty dinky canvas I was working on, however. Wish I could have used a better one but alas, it was not to be.

roughs are rough

I was pretty sure with where I wanted to go with this from my first little sketch here. It's fun having James fiddling with his neato little watch ring; a little tic he tends to do. He's got the sleeves rolled up, he means business.

When I can, I will share some cool behind the scenes Timespace stuff. But in the meantime, I am resuming my quest for my studies once more tomorrow- as well as doing other stuff on the side. There will be sneak peeks, I gots the goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment