Thursday, August 28, 2014

TIMESPACE IS OUT!

What's coming out of that funky time machine? It's me with another Timespace post, but this one will change things forever!! Timespace has just been released online:


It is available either to rent or to purchase. I will perform impromptu my (not-yet-patented) dance... JUST FOR YOU! But really, I will. But also, we would be very grateful if you supported this little project by a bunch of young college and high school kids that by my estimation are some of the most driven and genuinely genuine people out there. So many worked hard on this just because they wanted to and because they were also struck by the vision that director Dan had and wanted to help bring that vision of his to life. 

I don't like sounding like I'm overly gushy, and I write that because I am being overly gushy. These guys all deserve the gush, however.

"Ya wanna know how I got this scar?"
For now, take a look at this early concept piece from months and months before production started and see how things like the wardrobe of the two main characters would end up changing. One fun thing for me was taking these ideas from Daniel's script and visualizing them. It's a unique process because at that beginning stage you start out with these vague ideas and begin nurturing and getting to know these characters and the world they inhabit better. Things change and new things are given to work with. There's very much a sense of building and building very carefully so that there becomes a stabilizing sense of identity when the time comes.  Then getting to see it actually come to life, wowzers! 

I'll discuss this idea more whenever I decide to do a post on the visual identities of the characters. I think my future self might have to come back and do it for me or something. I just don't want to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment